The Quinceable cocktail: a variation on the Bramble. Make the most of the autumn harvest with this riff on the classic autumn cocktail using the fragrant and unusual quince gin.
- 60ml / 2oz homemade quince infused gin
- 22.5ml / 0.75oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15ml / 0.5oz simple syrup
- 10ml / 0.5oz pear liqueur
- 1 bar spoon / 5 ml quince jelly
- Add the quince gin, lemon juice and simple syrup to a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour into an old fashioned glass full of crushed ice.
- Mix the quince jelly with the pear liqueur. It helps to warm the quince jelly a little.
- Pour the mixture over the crushed ice to ‘bleed’ into the gin cocktail.
Lemon wedge or if you are feeling a bit arty a pear fan