The Spiced Clementine Gin Fizz is an easy gin cocktail that uses clementines and Christmas spices. Making the spiced clementine syrup will fill your kitchen with the aroma of Christmas.
Glass: Old fashioned
- 60ml gin
- 30ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 30ml spiced clementine syrup (see recipe)
- Soda water
Method for the Spiced Clementine Gin Fizz:
- Add the first three ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake until cold beads of condensation form on the outside of the shaker.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with crushed ice.
Garnish: flamed clementine slice and a sprig of rosemary
How to Make the Spiced clementine syrup
- 1 cup / 240ml clementine juice
- 1 cup / 240ml sugar (granulated is fine)
- 1 star anise
- 2 inch piece cinnamon
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 clove
Method for the spiced clementine syrup:
- Put all the ingredients in a pan.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves stirring frequently.
- Leave to go cold and infuse overnight.
- Remove the spices.
- Strain through a muslin cloth draped over a sieve.
- Pour into a sterilised bottle.
- The syrup will last in the fridge for a few weeks.