The Saigon Cooler is a long, rich raspberry and gin cocktail, refreshing and fruity with the perfect balance of sweet and sour notes. The combination of lime and raspberries is an intriguing one, and the tart addition of cranberry juice balances the sweetness of the raspberry liqueur.
Glass: Highball or similar
- 60ml / 2oz London Dry Gin
- 15ml / 0.5oz black raspberry liqueur or syrup for a slightly less alcoholic version
- 5ml / 0.75 freshly squeezed lime juice
- 7 fresh raspberries
- 90ml / 3oz cranberry juice
- Take the fresh raspberries and muddle in a chilled shaker with the lime juice.
- Add the gin and raspberry liqueur or syrup.
- Shake with ice.
- Fine strain into a highball filled with crushed ice.
- Top with cranberry juice.
Garnish: Fresh raspberries
Variation: Try using different berries. Blackberries work well in a Saigon Cooler. You can substitute the black raspberry liqueur with crème de cassis for a blackberry, blackcurrant and cranberry mix.